CAP-21 MISSION STATEMENT
CAP-21 will nurture and support vibrant and sustainable year-round Adirondack communities through its work in promoting economic development, social responsibility and a balance between commerce and nature.
CAP-21 will be hosting a Town of Webb Candidate’s Night on Wednesday, September 15, 2021 from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM. at VIEW. This event is for the contested seats within the Town of Webb.
The format will allow each contested seat candidate to provide a little information about themselves and what they hope to accomplish for the community if elected or re-elected. CAP-21 will present questions from the public directed to pertinent positions and each candidate will have a chance to respond. Light refreshments will be provided by CAP-21 so please come around 6:30 PM to mingle with your neighbors and participate in the electoral process. CAP-21 would appreciate an RSVP for planning purposes. We encourage community members to either drop off or email their questions for the candidates between now and September 8th to the CAP-21 office. Our address is 108 Codling Street, Old Forge, NY and our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call 315-369-3353 with any questions. We look forward to seeing you there.
The 2021 DUCK DERBY RESULTS ARE POSTED UNDER THE TAB ABOVE ENTITLED “SUPPORT OUR WORK” AND THEN SEARCH UNDER “CAP-PY DUCK DERBY RESULTS”.
WE ALSO POSTED THE RESULTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. SEARCH FOR CENTRAL ADIRONDACK PARTNERSHIP FOR THE 21ST CENTURY, INC.
CAP-21 partnered with Adirondack Emergency Communications Tower project to help raise $350,000 to build a tower to serve Inlet, Eagle Bay, Big Moose and Raquette Lake. Please visit adirondacktower.org to lend your support. We’ve met our goal thanks to our community full-time residents, seasonal residents and visitors. Now the work begins for the Town of Inlet on the Adirondack Park Agency application…….
CAP-21 will be viewed as a reliable and effective source for:
* Planning for the future of our communities, while preserving and protecting the beauty and benefits of our heritage and our natural resources;
* Facilitating open communication and increased cooperation among diverse entities within the region;
* Supporting the development and implementation of comprehensive master plans for each of our constituent towns and for the region;
* Creating partnerships that maintain and enhance economic development, stability and growth;
* Encouraging cooperation among the constituent towns in terms of sharing human and material resources
* Helping to leverage resources and maximize capacities of regional not-for-profits;
* Implementing community enhancement projects, and
* Facilitating community education on issues of importance.
CAP-21 Grants & Project Activity
A Sample of Grant Projects Completed
• Herkimer County HealthNet – new playground equipment for McCauley Mt. $5,000 and relocation of existing playground;
• McCauley Mt. – from NYSERDA, snowmaking equipment upgrade; $52,855 from National Grid; also incentive for replacement of ski lift motor and drive, approximately $6,000; including energy incentives;
• Inlet Library – from Southern Adirondack Library System; $29,831 for completing library renovations in 2015
• Woodgate Library – from Mid-York Library System, $41,269 for roofing, alarm systems, foundation work and accessibility;
• Inlet Community/Senior Center – assistance from the Adirondack Foundation, the Community Foundation and fund-raising for new carpeting, $4,200;
• North Woods Community Center – from The Community Foundation, $10,000 for building preservation & enhancements;
• Indian Lake Main Street – from NYS Office of Housing & Community Renewal, $200,000 for main street revitalization;
• Inlet Sixth Lake – from NYS Department of State, $19,600 for accessible floating dockage at Sixth Lake, administered through Village of Tupper Lake;
• Webb Town Garage – from NYS Energy Research & Development Authority (NYSERDA), approximately $82,500;
• Town of Webb Police Dept. – from NYS Criminal Justice Services $2,500 for new radio equipment; and from Bulletproof Vest Partnership $2,399 for reimbursement of vest purchases;
• Old Forge-Thendara Shuttle – from NYS Department of Transportation and Herkimer/Oneida County Transportation Study, $45,750 to implement a summer transportation shuttle on 2015/2016 and $40,000 in 2017/2018;
• Mission Boutique of Niccolls Memorial – from The Community Foundation, $57,300 to construct new Mission Boutique building;
Grants Management & Administration
• State & Municipal Assistance (SAM) grant – from Senator Farley, $60,000 to provide building renovation and preservation at Town of Webb Court Building and Town Hall;
• Arrowhead Park with NYS Department of State, improvements in lighting, restroom facilities, accessibility, Youth Commission Bldg.;
• Inlet Barnstormers with NYS Parks & Recreation, new John Deere groomer, utility trailer and Kabota UTV;
• Long Lake Waterfront Revitalization – administered through Village of Potsdam, for reconstruction of municipal dock, beach improvements, etc.; $342,000 NYS Department of State (DOS);
Assistance to Local Organizations
• St. Bartholomew, Niccolls Memorial & Inlet Community Church Food Pantries
• Senior Health Activities And Recreation Program (SHARP)
• Okara Lakes Association
• Town of Webb Scholarship Fund
• Recreation Mobile Application – with Adirondack Association of Towns & Villages
• Advantage Adirondacks – economic development strategies for the Park through Hamilton County Adirondack Partnership
• Adirondack Park Invasive Plant Program
• Adirondack Trails & Lodging System Project
• Great South Woods – with SUNY Environmental Sciences & Forestry (ESF)
• Adirondack Trail Towns – with Hamilton County
Commenting on Regional Issues
• Upper Hudson Recreation Hub UMP
• Adirondack State Park State Land Master Plan
• Essex Chain of Lakes UMP
• Remsen-Lake Placid Transportation Corridor
• Moose River Plains Mountain Bike Plan
• Great South Woods Unit Management Plan
Talk To The CAP – Please tell us what you think about topics and issues important to our communities and the Adirondacks, or just vent (in an Adirondack nice way). Just go to:
Old Forge Farmer’s Market Cookbook Entry Form / Brochure